Thursday, May 29, 2008

From the past!!!!

Well what a week this last one has been - folks I haven't seen for ages popping up out of the blue. Faye and Ernie from Babinda on Sunday looking very well and happy with their lives in retirement - much travelled and contemplating selling their home and moving into a retirement village in Cairns - a brave move, but when I think about it a good one for them. They are only in North Qld about 6 months of the year as their only son and family live in Victoria. Then a note in my door from Tony and Jean Davis (Tony was our Groomsman in 1964 when Ian and I married) and an old school friend of Ian. They were here for dinner last night, Justine and Josh met them - and of course Josh was very chatty. We talked heaps about the past catching up on all the news of old friends, many scattered across this vast continent of ours. We worked out we haven't seen one another since Ians mums 80th Birthday in 1983 - my last trip to Rochester I think. I was married to Chris at that time (which seemed to lose the closeness I had with the Campbell clan). I was amazed how that very shy young man (Tony) had become so confident in maturity. Jean had not changed except in a physical sense of course - and boy how we have all changed. I also had a call from Marg Stanton with her news - not all good unfortunately, but I am pleased to hear that she is getting out and about and trying to lead a relatively normal life (as much as she can). She has been on a 'walking trip' to NZ, and is off to Europe in September with a friend.
ME - I'm just happy to have some time tottering around my little house, doing some of the things I love.
BIG NEWS - my 'BROOME HOLIDAY' Album is all finished, and guess what?
I'M REALLY HAPPY WITH IT.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

YIPPEEE , You have finally finished it.Now you just have to upload them all so you can do another slide show...LOL.I mean so I can put in another slide show for you.
Hope you have your earplugs and bottles of wine ready for Wednesday till Sunday as it isn't long now...you need to be prepared