Sunday, January 16, 2011

New beginning in 2011.

Well here it is 6 months since my last post, can't believe that it is 2011.



Josh at Wild Bird show in October last year.


Steven around October 2010.


William at Josh birthday in August 2010.

Has been a very stressful year in 2010 - too much work and not enough playtime. I really can't remember a period I really had time to just sit and do some scrapping - maybe just a few days here and there. Very little work done on my Albums on my ancestors, but I did start and complete a history of Atherton Meals on Wheels since its inception in 1973 until the present day. Took me around 6 months total, lots of research for that one, but its now complete and I must say I am chuffed with the results. My new year resolution for 2011 is to have more ME time, I have become much more involved in Card making this year, and love it.


Photo of a card I made for my sisters birthday - probably one of the first I have been really pleased with - I guess I just don't think my work is good enough. I have been doing quite a lot of painting of designs for cards with water colour pencils, love doing that - very relaxing.
I have also begun the task of painting the interior of my house - have finished the most im portant room -Scrap/Office and Toilet and contemplating the Bathroom. Will be quite a slow process I think to get the whole house done. I have to rely on Jus to clean down and paint the ceilings, just can't do that anymore - Geez I hate getting old.


This is how much Lottie has grown since my last post - very hygenic picture taken in the kitchen sink.


A beautiful visitor to my garden a week or so ago - haven't seen any frogs for ages - I guess all this rain has brought them back.
As I speak Brisbane and lots of regional areas are mopping up after the worst floods in our history since records began, but today Victoria, New South Wales and South Aus are also on flood alert. Total death toll for SE Qld is now standing at 17. Its been a very tragic start to 2011.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You did it good job!!!! Love the froggie photo Mum.

emiGrants said...

How are you Rosemary? Has the cyclone hit anywhere near you? Drop me a line so that I know you are OK.