Well I can't believe how fast the year is passing by. I think in my head not much has happened, but of course it has. April saw William turn legs 11 and Justine 34. Melissa turned 37 this month. How time flies when you grow older (senior citizens I believe they call us). School finishes today for their mid-year break, Malanda and Atherton shows fall during this period.
Over the last couple of months my cousin Beth passed away from the dreaded C, was just 70, and then about a month later my other cousin Jennifer (Beths sister) lost her only daughter - so sad, I guess we all believe we will pass before our children. Not always the case unfortunately.
Loonie Lottie, the kitten pic on my last post is driving me crazy - is endeavouring to stand on the keyboard whilst I am typing - she was desexed yesterday and is supposed to be quiet - I think Justine forgot to tell her that - she spent the night on my bed with a plastic supermarket bag, jumping in and out of same - I might add that she had stolen the bag from the storage container.
One of the young Comandos Ben Chuck, who was killed last weekend in Afghanistan was from here. Melissa babysat he and his brother when she was younger, such a waste of young lives. So many Queenslanders have been killed or injured in the last 12 months.
Yesterday Kevin Rudd (Prime Minister) was dumped/ousted (in an abominable manner) by his own party, and now we have our first ever female Prime Minister Julia Goddard. It will be interesting to see if she will be re-elected in the up-coming Election later in the year. Gees I hate Politics!!!!!
We went to see 'Robin Hood' with Russell Crowe when it was released, we both (Jus & I) enjoyed it immensely. I would have gone just to see the scenery alone. We are planning going to Cairns next Tuesday to see a movie with Josh - not sure of the title as yet. Jus and Josh have only just returned from a week in Melbourne - nearly froze their butts off. Went to the ZOO and Marine Acquarium and up to Swan Hill to visit a friend.
Next year Jus, Josh and myself are planning a trip to Tasmanias North West and down the west coast to Hobart. It will take quite some planning to get us all away together. The last time I was in Tasmania was with my Mum, 1996 and Mum was 86 - we did the north eastern region in winter - it was difficult to see a lot as Mum wasn't able to get around areas that were rugged, the reason we are doing this trip next year as my knees are acting up already, even though we do lots of walking. All those years of filling shelves in local Supermarket, kneeling on those b***** concrete floors. Anyway we are saving madly.
End of financial year next week, so fun times ahead at MOW - just LOVE this time of year. Am trying to be super organised.
The weather here is quite dismal, cold and drizzling with rain. Not enough to water the garden, just a pain.
Pics are Mollie keeping warm and special friendship with Loonie Lottie.
1 comment:
Hi Rosemary
Long e-mail sent 10 minutes ago, I hope you read it soon!
Love
Julianna
Post a Comment