Sunday, July 26, 2009

Its been so long.





















Gosh I can't believe its been so long since I posted.
We had another trip to Townsville - went to the museum to show Josh the dinosaur eggs, a special display which ended a couple of days after we were there - it was very impressive.
We also finally caught up with Marg, Vicky and John for dinner and Marg also went to the museum with us. Did some shopping therapy at Spotlight and Lincraft and it was time to return home.
Mel's Scrap retreat went off well, everyone had a good time I believe, Mel had a gallstone attack in the middle of it and ended up in Atherton Hospital. This is her second attack, the scan came up positive so is waiting to see a surgeon to see what has to be done. Seems to run in the maternal side of the family, although it missed a generation, as my sister and I have not had the problem. Justine had hers removed at 23.
The retreat brought together a great bunch of ladies from all over - some from our area here whom I had never met. I was only there for the Saturday but there was lots of fun and laughter and learn't lots. We are hoping to get togther the local ladies for some scrap therapy on a regular basis - have a few takers already. Once the business is closed down "THERE WILL BE TIME TO SCRAP" - can't wait.
The last couple of weeks have been spent filling orders into the wee hours - it has been really exhausting, and quite hard on Josh!!!
Yesterday we went to Cairns as Jus and Josh had an appointment to have pics done at Pixie photos, we also went to Super AMart where I found a sofa bed.
Also went to Spotlight where we found Mels 'Martha Stewart' punches, I brought some beautiful Aboriginal quilting fabrics at the Craft store and some sheets for the new bed - a very expensive day was had by all.
Last weekend we went to the Mareeba Wildlife Park with all the kids - it was Barney the Brown Bears 29th Birthday party - was great fun for the kids with face painting and all - gifts for the kids also. The animals are very well looked after there - it was a lovely day.
The photos are my new dog Mollie - needed a luving home, dinosaur skeleton at museum, Jus and Josh in pool at Caravan Park Townsville, hippos at Zoo, Barneys Birthday cake and the face painting of the boys.
Till next time.












2 comments:

Leah said...

We had such a fantastic time visiting, Rosemary, and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you for the first time, after "talking" to you through the internet!! LOL!! I hope we can keep in touch!

Enjoy your post Scrap-Pile scrapping!! I'm sure both you and Jus will have a ball!!!!

Take care,
Leah xoxo

emiGrants said...

It has certainly been a long time. Everybody tells me that I do too much, but you beat me hands down. At least I get to my blog once every week or two.

Love

Julianna
x x x