Monday, November 17, 2008

FINALLY!!!!!


Finally some time to scrap - Justine and I spent several hours scrapping yesterday - have almost finished a Recipe book album for a Christmas gift - only one more to go. Can't believe I have left everything so close to the big day. These are for the girls as a lasting memory of the foods they have especially enjoyed over the years - some recipes from my Mum that she passed on. I am actually quite pleased with the result so far!!!!!! Another I will share with you today is a Christmas tree for the table centre - lots of work went into this one also - haven't been able to upload it as my camera has died. I loved doing this project and am quite taken with the end result. Justine did quite a bit of scrapping too - actually completed 2 layouts with the help of Josh. He painted her a picture as background and she just had to add a pic and journalling. He is quite chuffed!!!!!!
Melissas foot is finally on the mend - down to just one crutch now - is starting back at work today, so we will have to wait and see how she has managed - she so needs to be back in the big wide world. Broken bones are very depressing as I well know!!!!! I believe the mind gets a bit broken too.
MOW has been very taxing with all the extra workload - have been extremely tired the last couple of weeks - hopefully Pat (our cook/co-ordinator) will be returning on 8th December (day before our Volunteer Christmas party) so hopefully then things will get back to some sort of normal. I will have to be super organised next year - Josh starts school and I will probably have him most days after 3pm. The school is quite near - Justine is hoping to pick him up and drop him to me until she finishes work - thats the plan ANYWAY!!!!!
The weather is certainly warming up around here - but luckily we didn't get any spin-off from those dreadful storms they experienced in Brisbane last night.
My sister turns 72 today - FAR OUT!!!!!
Next weekend Marg Stanton (Townsville) and two friends will be on the Tablelands for the weekend - we will all be meeting up on Saturday afternoon for an early dinner at Lake Tinaroo. The boys will love that.
Finally got the bill for the electricals I had done - $1200 YEEKS!!!!!!! That was a shocker - I had this nice round figure of around $800 in my brain - didn't quite work out that way.
Hopefully I will get to post sooner rather than later next time around.
Enjoy life.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Mum, went well yesterday, was tired, but mostly rom the exertion and heat.Foot seems to be OK.I really love your Christmas tree and it will be the perfect adorment for the table.

emiGrants said...

Dear Rosemary

Nice to see you blogging again. It was a full month this time, let's hope that with things getting back to normal, you'll have time to write more often.

I have just got back from Venice, but feel even worse than when I went. I must slow down, as I keep saying. Hopefully next year we will travel less, so that we can go down under in the autumn. Hopefully, we should be there for the Orienteering World Masters competition and then go on to New Zealand and finally to Canada to see the kids.
Love from both of us. Keep in touch!
Julianna