Well the last month or so have just been too exhausting - maybe its just age catching up!! It must have been going very fast to catch up with me!! The New Years resolution at the moment will be to slow-down and enjoy my family and try to have time for ME to do the crafts I love so much. I have been trying to finish off Recipe albums for both the girls (a lasting memory) of some of the favourites they have enjoyed over the years - quite a few from my Mum and others I have found over the last 30 years or so. I will endeavour to take some pics on my new little camera before they part company. Melissa brought me a Samsung S860 so I guess I will have to wrap it and put it under the tree.
Christmas is at my house this year - traditional (by request) and at night as Justine is on call and it will be cooler hopefully. It has been very hot over the last couple of weeks, with storms and beautiful rains most days - the countryside is looking very lush and green. It is almost typical NQ weather (like the old days when we first arrived). Been here 30 years now. The boys are very excited about Christmas.
Melissa had her cast removed about 3 weeks ago - but Doc said she had to be very careful as it has not completely healed - went back to work for the remaining 2-3 weeks - now on school holidays - so she should have a chance to rest it. The girls and boys went to Cairns to the Movies and shopping on Tuesday - I'm glad I didn't go as they were gone all day - Cairns is such an exhausting place in the summer. But I guess I used to do the same thing when I was their age. They got some Christmas shopping done also. I still have a few things to buy, and of course the dreaded food shopping - which I think I will do this Sunday - should be quieter I think (HOPE).
The MOW Volunteer Christmas morning tea went off quite well, although attendance down - I love the way folks these days do not reply to the RSVP to make it easier to cater - I think this is really bad manners. I am afraid I get so disappointed. I have been on the SOAP BOX a bit this week.
About 9 months ago I purchased an Electrolux Vacuum in the local Retravison store - needed a new HEPA filter (bagless vacuum) so went back to the place of purchase and was informed that they sell the vacuum but not the replacement parts - how ****** stupid is that. The opposition store also didn't have one - the girls tried in Cairns on Tuesday - same deal. Justine finally found one on E-bay. My anger got the better of me and I sent Electrolux a nice little message - so unlike me - I usually roll over and accept this type of thing!!!!! My house is almost being taken over by cat hair - you know how it floats in the air when you try to sweep it up. Will get down off the soap box now!!!!!!!
The Scrap-pile store has been very busy also (a pre-Chrissy sale) and have spent almost the last 2 weeks packing orders - some nights Jus and I until midnight. Josh tries to help also but gets pretty bored after a couple of hours - its a very time consuming job.
All my little animal munchkins are well, but feeling the heat.
My electrical work and roof work are now complete - so I feel much safer now.
I hope you all have a very safe and Happy Christmas with you loved ones and a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year 2009.
MERRY CHRISTMAS from Rosemary, Yogi, Lily, Tiddles, Zoe and Sally. XXXOOO.
2 comments:
Dear Rosemary
Thank you for your kind wishes on our blog and we also wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
As for your rant about no part, I had exactly thel same experience in the electronic store in Budapest where we bought a printer earlier in the year. They do not sell replacement ink cartridges and had no idea where I could get one. I still haven't got one and it looks as if we will have to throw away the printer and buy a new one when the ink runs out. Insane!!!!
Love
Julianna and Roy
x x x
Love you Mum and can't wait to spend some time with all of us together tomorrow.I really LOVE your NEW YEARS RESOLUTION too...you certainly do need to make some changes, so that you can enjoy life more.
Post a Comment