Goodness me - how time flies! I am shocked at how long it is since I've posted. The girls went away to Kurrimine Beach during the school hols, AGM at MOW - lucky me Treasurer for yet another year (I suppose I really don't mind ATM as it keeps me busy, and the brain really alert). So much has happened!! Our Cook-co-ordinator finishes today for an op, so will be on sick leave for 6-8 weeks depending on the procedure. There was a great deal of stress involved in finding a relief cook that could deal with the way our kitchen works - but thankfully we have David who worked in the kitchen as a volunteer this week to see the workings of the kitchen, starts Monday as Cook. Committee members will just 'HAVE TO' help out in administration areas of our permanent cooks job. I will be in the kitchen a lot more over the coming weeks - so I guess it will be BUSY BUSY some more!!
I have a new 'OVEN' - AND IT IS GORGEOUS, SS wall oven. The day it was installed I made this incredible Chocolate cake - I now realise just how bad the old one was. I love to cook so a good oven is essential - thats my story anyway!!
On Wednesday I went to have an eye examination for new specs - thankfully eyes very healthy and reading only thing altered in previous prescription. Justine and I went to look at Janome sewing machines (my old Janome bit the dust quite a while ago - hence no sewing, and I love to sew too). Came away with a fantastic new one (how they have changed in 16 years) so simple to operate now, and they had a fantastic deal going - so now - YES you've guessed it - I'm broke - but I have helped the 'ECONOMY'.
As far as scrapping is concerned I have lots of projects on the go (mainly for Christmas) - finished these cute little gingerbread man 'Tree ornaments' for the boys - something to remember me by in coming years I hope. Lots of ideas on the go - hope to scrap over the weekend - BUT Justine is on call this weekend. We'll see.
LIFE IS GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
3 comments:
Hi Ma, finally updated.I have visited so often, but I know how busy you have been the past few weeks.The gingerbread men are adorable and I am sure the boys will treasure them.
Hi Rosemary!
I was getting worried about you disappearing off the face of the Earth! So, you were just busy, which is a state I can sympathise with. Lovely to hear your news and don't leave it this long next time!
Love from Julianna
x x x x x
Love the gingerbread man they are so cute, IT's Great to hear how you are going
Post a Comment