Wednesday, April 16, 2008

SAD DAY.


Yesterday my preciopus JACK (Jack Russell x terrier) went under Justines knife to remove his spleen. The spleen and cancerous growth weighed 2 1/2 kg - it grew so quickly. He was very anaemic and had to have blood even before they could operate, and I think Jus thought he would die on the table. That growth was 1/3 his body weight, unbelievable as it sounds - he looked very pregnant. Unfortunately he has secondaries in his Liver which cannot be dealt with, so I will endeavour to make the rest of his days with us as happy as possible. It is 7 years this month since I brought a little flea ridden puppy home - he has been a very loving (iritating sometimes) as he has been known to be so close behind me as to get stood on when I turn around. He and Yogi (Tenterfield terrier) have been inseperable mates and he is going to miss him terribly when he goes - I hope without much suffering. We will have to make that decision down the track. I'm sure folk think I'm a bit unstable to let a dog get me so upset, but this little fellow is my best mate.

3 comments:

emiGrants said...

Dear Rosemary!

I am so sorry about your little dog. 7 years is not that long, I hope the time left for him is nice. I only ever had a cat, but she lived 16 years, mostly because she was extremely lazy, never went anywhere or did anything. Spoilt in the extreme. He problem, finally, was with her kidneys and she was put down while I was out at work. I fully understand the sorrow, don't let people tell you that you are silly to mourn him. Animals are the best friends, selfless and usually very loving.

Melissa said...

He has had a wonderful life living with you Mum, and you have shown him loads of love.He will be missed that is for sure,especially by Yogi and Lily.He is an incredibly loyal and loving doggie.

Maree said...

Jack looks so happy in this photo - just keep that in mind darl! I'm thinking of him and of you.