


I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. It has been a very busy time and have been doing lots!!!!
In January Jus, Josh and I went to stay in Cairns at the Coconut Resort - kids heaven. I only stayed overnight as I had other commitments at home, but Jus and Josh were joined by Mel and the boys for a couple of nights - they had a great time, then in late January Jus and I went down to Cairns to see 'Ronan Keating' in concert - how fabulous was he!! We both enjoyed the entire show immensely. His support act was our own Tina Arena, and what a huge voice she has. February just flew by with all the usual chores and Josh being back at school - big Grade l this year.
Early March was my birthday, 66 this year and feeling younger every day. The celebration went on for over a week with lunch out and a special dinner at Justines. Then a surprise trip to Babinda to visit a scrapbooking shop with Melissa and receiving lots of goodies.
I purchased a 'Wii Fit' after seeing Justines fitness improve over a few weeks, and now have a fitness plan which I am doing every day diligently. My fitness has improved dramatically, but the thing I notice the most is the change in my joints, especially ankles and knees. They were always so stiff and sore - a legacy from all my years working for Woolworths. I actually look forward to my workout daily, and the results have been very worthwhile.
This year I am sticking to my resolutions, time for myself etc, etc. I try to do some scrapbooking every day, I have done around 9 layouts, including one from Ronans concert, and am slowly working my way through the boys baby photos.
I have also been out in the garden, the back garden is looking so much better now, still need to buy some more Bromeliads to fill in some spaces, but its getting there, has all been mulched.
Fortunately we missed Cyclone 'Ului', but the same cannot be said for Airlie Beach and Proserpine and beyond, lots of damage and is looking like there will be no power for quite a number of days. Reminds me of when 'Larry' came through here in 2006, exactly 4 years ago. We were without power for 4 days, Melissa was over a week - the loss of food stuffs is enormous and the damage to Electrical Appliances etc. We were lucky this time - but the cyclone season is not over yet.
I have a new addition to my family, Lottie. She was taken to the clinic (about 4 weeks old) to be4 euthanised, but Jus thought I just might like her. She had been raised on the bottle by the inmates of 'Lotus Glen' prison - hence the name Lottie. She is very sweet and very spoiled. Will take some photos and put some on my next post.
Am including a photo of Ronan Keating, and a couple of photos from Coconut Resort.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment