Has been a very hectic time over the last few weeks as I guess it has been for most. MOW did not serve meals on Christmas day and New Years Day this year so extra meals were served on Wednesday before to compensate, we have never sent meals out at Christmas but have always done so at NY, but as the Volunteer pool diminishes it is getting harder to get people to work on those days, but we are still managing to keep ourselves going with the few active souls we have. I worry who will take my place (maybe they will expect to be paid).
Christmas Day was spent with the girls and grandkids, breakfast and opening presents in the wee hours at Justines, then we had a lovely barbecue lunch at Mels with more presents, played darts (forgotten how bad I was at this), then home to fall in a heap. But it was a lovely day and I was very spoilt with all the pressies - of course the kids had a very energy packed day, you know how much energy is SPENT ripping off all the paper.
New Year was more of the same, eating (not much drinking) with the result that by about 3rd Jan I was feeling like a blimp - so NY resolution is to get fit and healthy in 2010. Started that day and am feeling much more energised already - Justine and I have just returned from Tinaroo Dam where we walked for about 30 mins or so - we (I) actually was able to walk much further than our previous time so I am pleased with that - I really thought I would be back to square one.
Other NY resolution is to get back to all my CRAFTS, to have more ME time - have already started that one too. Back to doing an embroidered Tablecloth that I started about 16 years ago - YES 16.
The Tennis has started so my down time is spent embroidering and watching same - most enjoyable - just love the Tennis. And then in February the winter Olympics starts so there will be a bit of couch potatoing there too. Just love the Ice Skating.
Have big plans to get the garden under control and more waterwise over the next few months, also plan to paint the interior of the house - lighter colours this time around.
GEE WHIZ it all sounds exhausting, but I am reved up!!!!!
AND then of course there is to be a lot of scrapping time to get lots of photos of the boys into the albums - I have still not scrapped any of their baby photos.
AND lastly to do a bit more delving into my ancestry.
ALL FOR NOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment