Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spring is here.

Well there has not been a lot of scrapping done, but I have completed two layouts that have been on the backburner for about 18 months. One of my Dads parents in N.Ireland and another of my G.G.Grandfather (maternal) who was born in 1809 - it is an original photo so would be around 150 years old. I am very pleased with the results. When I get time I will take some photos an upload to my blog.
At present we are up and down the range to Cairns as Melissa is back in Cairns Base Hospital, was in a very bad way for about 4 days, but started to improve Sunday - hopefully her surgery is soon. They told her no surgery until pain is under control. Pancreatitus is a very unpleasant thing to cope with, hopefully once the Gall Bladder is removed everything will get back to normal. Has been very hard on everyone, especially the boys, very hard for them to understand just how sick their Mum is!!! Hopefully this week will see better news.
On a lighter note - Justine and I were booked to see 'Miss Saigon' last Sunday so were able to combine our trip to visit Mel with the show, so we saw her twice on that day, and the visit in the afternoon she was so much more with it - she has been drugged to the eyeballs so to speak. The show was fabulous, we both enjoyed it tremendously, and for a couple of hours were able to forget all the negative stuff. It has been a very exhausting few days, today is my first day at home for a while. So hoping to do a little scrapping this afternoon.
Spring has arrived, or should I say Summer - has been quite warm 30 degrees during the day but still quite cool at night, wonderful time of the year. We should start to get a few storms soon - then the humidity begins.
The girls are still unsure as to whether their trip to the Gold Coast will go ahead with Mels illness, of course Mel is still hoping it will, but if surgery is not within the next day or so I don't believe they will let her fly. Justine says she will have to go as it is all paid for and she can't change her holidays.
Well heres hoping for good news soon.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Mel is in my prayers and the family let's hope she will be pain free very soon.