Well the past week has certainly been interesting. The chair incident not too pleasant. Beware the office chair - very old and should have been BIN-ised long ago - but you know how we hold on to old things!!! Doing an order for the shop with Melissa - sitting on the edge to reach an item out of reach and 'BANG - HIT THE FLOOR' landing on my tail bone - to be whacked on the head by the offending chair once again - and as if that was not enough, the next day threw it in the wheelie bin - on entry the wheel hit my arm and ripped about 2 cm of skin back from my forearm - you can only imagine the language that eminated from my mouth ****************!!!!! Not NOICE. The back is still giving me pain at night - very bruised, the head okay and the arm is slowly healing - takes longer at my age.
Anyway we (Jus, Josh and myself) had a lovely trip to Cairns on Saturday - went out to Sizzlers for my birthday with Faye (an old friend from Babinda).
We have been trying to get to Cairns to visit Faye and Ernie since Christmas, but with floods and cyclones it has been cancelled a couple of times, but we finally got to visit them at their new home - very nice it is too!!!
We also went to have a look at the new DFO (factory outlets) that opened at the old K'Mart complex in Manunda - got some really nice T'shirts at RIVERS - Jus and Josh got new shoes.
We have finally had some lovely sunny weather - real Autumn weather actually - quite cool at night. Was a really beautiful day for my 65th Birthday yesterday (GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THAT AGE) but the face in the mirror tells me its correct, but it is back to drizzle again today. There is a LOW of Cape York Peninsula (maybe a cyclone by the weekend) - so thats something to really look forward to.
Over the last week I've been having a real sort out of the scrapping stuff - have given Josh quite a bit of really old stuff - he's thrilled to have his own scrap supply box - keeps him busy for hours after school. AND I must say my area now looks a treat - everything labelled so there is no excuse to 'NOT SCRAP'.
Well I'm outta here - yet again another Birthday lunch - this time with my two girls - NO KIDS!!!!!
Until next time.
4 comments:
I'll keep it in mind to Bin-ise my chair before that fate befalls me! ...I hope your back will be all better soon. Hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch! :D
Oh no, Rosemary! I hope your back doesn't give you too much grief. Sounds terribly painful.
Sounds like you had a lovely day today with Mel & Jus! Happy birthday for yesterday too!
Poor Rosemary! How's the back? Hopefully better by now. Are the fires and floods subsiding? I haven't been watching much TV lately due to being too busy and not very well (again!!).
Re: my television repair man - yes, it is unusual not to expect money, but this was just about tips. He works for the cable company, so he was paid by them for the visit. Still, it is unusual in Hungary to get someone who is not holding his hand out for some cash.
Sorry Rosemary, I got a mental picture of the chair incident & couldn't help having a little giggle.
I do hope your back gets better very quickly.
Post a Comment