Well today the sun has decided to come out after weeks, maybe months of rain. Local flooding, even up here on the Atherton Tablelands has disrupted our lives, flooding down the coast stopping deliveries to Supermarkets etc, shopping before the Easter break was a nightmare as prices of fruit and vegetables had gone sky high - if the produce was available at all. I remember going into our local Woolworths SM, and there wasn't a lettuce or tomato to be seen.
Easter here was quiet, we had lunch with Melissa and family on Saturday and did a couple of hours of scrapbooking in the afternoon. At the moment I am working on an album of photos of my sister Judy and my trip to Broome, Western Australia in June, 2007. Sunday the easter bunny visited and left lots of naughty chockies - just can't resist them. Monday was a work day at Meals on Wheels - the only two days of the year meals aren't delivered are Christmas Day and Good Friday. Our usual Cook/co-ordinator has been on 5 weeks leave, so I have been on telephone duties to assist the the casual cook. This is my last week thank goodness. Today I am at Melissas' - eldest daughter, with Joshua, for most of the day, surprise we are scrapping, whilst my car is being serviced by Mels husband Alan.
3 comments:
Love your blog Rosemary & the pic with your boys is gorgeous.
Thanks a lot, this is all very new to me, so be gentle.
Rosemary
I thought I would send you a comment to cheer you up on your blog. Keep blogging, it is great fun and it not only gives a chance to your family and friends far away to keep up with your life, but it is an on-line diary for yourself as well. I keep going back to earlier posts and re-reading my own blog and it is really nice.
Love from Julianna
Post a Comment